Phoenix Spirit at Achievement First!

Jada Wyatt

Traditionally most schools have something called Spirit Week. It is when students can express themselves fashionably and participate in school activities like wearing their favorite sports team jersey. Spirit week is also a way for teachers and students to get to know each other as well as the school body as a whole. Last week, Achievement First Hartford High School had their first spirit week of the 2021-2022 school year.

Spirit Week is starting on Tuesday, October 12th. Please check out the flyer below as a reminder for the themed days we have in store for next week…Happy Friday Phoenix Nation! Great job pushing through the week. Friendly reminder that there is no school on Monday, October 11th. Yes to the 3-day weekend!!” Reminder for the scholars on the Student Square app where scholars and parents can get notification of daily announcements about the school.

After a three day weekend the scholars are kicking it off with twin day! They even have some triplets going on. It’s great to see the scholars letting loose and having a bit of fun. Senior at Achievement First, Torri-Ann Osbourne says, “it was fun being able to interact and do something so normal in school for the first time since covid I had a great time coming up with what to wear with my friends” It’s important to make sure the scholars feel they can be comfortable in their own skin and be able to bond with their friends.